If a workers’ comp issue stems from or causes a mental health issue, you need strong representation from a knowledgeable team in order to receive your proper reward. The Indiana Workers’ Compensation Evaluation is a common component of Indiana workers’ comp cases and you do not have to fear them. They determine the proper category for your claim and the appropriate compensation you deserve for it.
Why Psychological Evaluations?
You have rights if:
- A work condition or event causes mental distress and psychological disorder.
- A physical injury at work leads to anxiety, depression or post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
- A mental or psychological disorder leads to inability to function at work, even if that disorder does not originate at work.
Psychology Services and Workers’ Comp
Employees may be alarmed, even offended, when employers and labor reviewers scrutinize their injury claims. Psychological evaluations insure understanding of the extent of the injured employee’s condition and elimination of fraud cases. Psychologists or psychology services specializing in work-based injury can prevent your case from being discredited.
- They understand how physical injuries correlate to life changes and psychological disordering.
- They can recognize complex PTSD, brain injury and depression symptoms that prevent functioning at work.
- They can discern credible symptoms and disabilities from exaggerated ones to substantiate your rights to compensation.
The Indiana Workers’ Compensation Evaluation Process
Psychological services help show a disability prevents you from working for short and long terms or that a disability arose from your job. Psychologists provide trusted opinions to validate your symptoms and claims.
They may interview you several times. They may also speak with bosses, supervisors and coworkers. They may recommend physical examinations and further psychiatric evaluation or treatment. Finally, they may work with your workers’ comp attorney to present their findings in your best interests.
Good psychological services in Indiana can help you secure your workers’ comp reward. Contact us for more information, here.